1 day ago
Thursday, October 9, 2008
Estrogen Patches begin...
I put my first patch on this morning. I'm hoping that I do not get a reaction like last time. Believe it or not, I'd prefer a shot. It's over and done with while these patches stay on all day long. Fortunately, I got the vivelle dots this time while last time, my RE screwed up and I had the regular sized ones, they are MUCH bigger. I can't believe it's been a year since I used these patches for my last FET. I can't remember the side effects, anyone care to share?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Sorry I never did patches, but I did take oral estradiol. I don't really remember any specific side effects...so hopefully you won't get any. Hoping you don't get any skin irritation from the patches, someone out there in blogland posted a pic of her patchwork belly!
It looks like we'll be at CCRM at the same time!
Glad the patches are smaller this time! Hope they don't irritate your skin!
In response to the prescription... I know the BCP & antibiotic would be covered, but I guess I just assumed (since I have an HMO) that I would have to pay out of pocket if it came from the RE? Did your insurance cover that? I guess I just assumed it will be for endo if I wasn't going through IVF, then it should be covered if ordered by my GYN instead of RE.
I don't know... this is my 1st time doing this, obviously, so I guess it's new news to me that even part of the medications will be covered under the HMO since I've been slammed with "won't be covered" since we started this whole process?
I'll definitely check on that! Thanks for the advice! I really hope they'll cover it so I can have a copay of $40 instead of $200 for the Lupron.
Best of luck with the patches, hopefully this time around they aren't as bad.
Post a Comment