First check, estrogen is 78, good, lining is at 8mm already! She said they like to see it at 8-10 when starting the progesterone. I start that on the 26th. So, my lining still has over a week to thicken. So, she is going to talk to Schoolcraft about it and see if we should back off on the patches. UPDATE - Schoolcraft is having me back off the estrogen. I was suppose to start on 2 patches on Friday, 3 on Sunday and 4 on Tuesday. Instead, I will start on 2 patches on Friday and change them every other day. I will never increase to more than 2 patches.
Some of you asked why I was having the early ultrasound. This is exactly why. On my local FET, I had one ultrasound a day before starting progesterone. At that check, it was 17.5mm, my transfer was done and it failed. hmmm, I wonder why? CCRM wouldn't have done the transfer.
This is exactly what I was afraid of. Hopefully, he can fix this...
1 week ago


10 comments:
OK, well the good thing is that you know and it's way early and, hopefully, there's time to make sure your lining slows down.
17.5!! Wow, you must have had some heavy period (I know, TMI)!!
Hmm, interesting. You would think they would know to just cancel and not go ahead with the transfer if the lining greatly reduces the success rate Glad you are at CCRM :) yay!!!
Holy crap!
We had the exact opposite problem of too thin of a lining. We had to try to manage my estrogen not getting out of control while still trying to build up my lining. To give Schoolcraft credit, it worked on the second fresh cycle and the first one we just didn't know to expect that. I hope he's able to manage you through this one!
It sounds like this clinic is so on top of things -- I have such a good feeling for you! Good luck!
Keeping a good thought for you!!!
I'm glad you got monitored. Hoping that the new estrogen schedule keeps your lining in check!
Any word on how they're going to change it? Glad you had the extra check. You're right about needing to make sure EVERYTHING is optimum about this cycle!
About the cappuccino... I don't drink coffee, but I know that some people love it, so I thought I'd share it! LOL. But, only like 1 cup of tea a day, right?, on the prep for IVF. I need to revisit my paperwork again & again to remember all these things.
Christi - gosh, I'm sorry, I can't remember what my levels were. They never seemed concerned so I used the ignorance is bliss approach...but I never had a lining problem (other than the beta-3 integrin missing!) so I can totally understand why you'd pay more attention than me! At my transfer, the patches had basically stopped working so they put me on oral estrogen. I am sure CCRM will have a solution for you and you will be pg in no time!
I'm glad you got it checked out!!!
I understand freaking out all too well. But, Dr. S did adjust your dose-try to hang in there. Why does everything have to be so hard??
Holding out lots of hope, faith, and prayers for you guys. :-)
Post a Comment