1 week ago
Saturday, November 29, 2008
Wonderful, beeding...
This afternoon, around 430pm, dh and I were doing the xmas decorating and I was just having alot of cramping and stretching pains. So, he continued while i saw with feet up. I went to use the restroom and blood. It was just like the bleeding that I had the day before my beta. It has since gotten much better but still there. It is red, pink, dark red. Anyone have experience with this? I'm 6w6d today. We saw the hb this past Wednesday. On Monday, I had an exam and us with my OB. I had a yeast infection so she put me on monistat 3 inserts. Then, on Wed, we had an ultrasound with the RE. I'm thinking the blood could be from all those exams? I read online that irritation to the cervix can do it. But, some personal experiences would be nice...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


14 comments:
I had big gushing blood at 7w1d that freaked me out bigtime. It's just not right to have bleeding down there, is it?!?!?! Everything was OK, but Maaaaan I was batcrazy until the emergency u/s. Feet up, drink lots of water, call your Dr (almost wrote RE!). Even if they don't want to see you, it should go in your 'file'. Tho it doesn't surprise me w/ all of the messing around w/ your cervix and such. You'd think your body could come up w/ a better reaction than blood, huh?
At about 5 weeks I had brown spotting that turned to red bleeding -- it was pretty heavy, too. We never found out why it happened, and it just stopped on its own. I wasn't on any progesterone suppositories and hadn't had an ultrasound yet -- but BOTH of those things can cause irritation and bleeding!
I know I was told early on that inserts can irritate the cervix and cause bleeding.
I had some bleeding around 8.5 weeks and was told it was still implantation bleeding-that it could occur anytime in the first trimester and that the placenta forming new connections could cause bleeding too. If you are curious, I had a post June 9th about my bleeding episode.
If I were you, I would still call the OB to get some comfort.
I don't have any experience with that, but, I'm thinking every good thought I have for you!!
No advice, no experience, just big hugs!
No personal experiences, but it very well could be from the exams. I have heard of that happeneing often. Did you call the doc? I would just check in with them to make sure!
sending "stop-the-bleeding and scaring my friend" vibes.
praying for you
Thinking good thoughts for you. I've heard it is super common for ivf pregnancies.
I had it too at 6 weeks and thought it was all over. I had read that there's no need to worry if it's pink or brown spotting but mine was fresh blood (tmi). So we spent a night in the ER and the doctor saw the hb and everything looked fine except there was a huge blood clot as big as the sac itself! It's not uncommon but not normal either.
My doc says that usually it resolves itself (I'm still spotting, some days more than the other) and has put me on PIO shots. On our last visit, the clot size seemed smaller but it's best to take it very easy and put your feet up as much as possible. Hope you feel better soon!
I started with brown spotting on Tuesday of last week and it continued through Weds. My RE had me come in just to ease my mind. She did and u/s and said that everything looked okay and that it's normal. Well, on Thanksgiving day, the spotting turned into blood. It scared me so bad, but after going in for another checkup, she advised that everything looked okay. I know that it's one of the scariest things that can happen to a pg woman, but it doesn't necessairly mean the worst. Best of luck to you :-)
Did you see anything odd on your u/s? I have something that ccrm said was "very common" and like, "50% or more of our IVF patients have it". It is called a sac separation or something and can cause bleeding. But never causes a m/c according to my nurse. Since they've seen it on u/s they've been basically telling me to rest a lot and that if I bleed, I have an u/s and then I'm on strict bedrest until it resolves. Since it is so common, maybe you have something similar that is just smaller than mine. To be cautious, I'd just take it really easy and then request an u/s as soon as you can. I'm sure it is fine, but it is a scary thing!
So sorry you had such a scare. Get your feet up and rest up. I'm hoping that everything is okay and that the next US puts your mind at ease. I've heard that lots of women can experience bleeding and everything turns out okay. I know the worry must be hard though. Hang in there, I'll say a prayer for you that everything is okay.
Hi I've been reading your blog but the first time to leave a comment.
I've read that once you detect the heartbeat, miscarriage rate goes down dramatically. To my memory it goes down to 1-2%, very low. I hope this information gives you a bit of more comfort.
Hugs
i would def call your dr... i also had red gushing bleeding, period like, pretty scary but it turned out to be a subshoronic hemmorage.. pretty common they say with IVF patients... but still scary just the same! but i def would call and at least let them know.. it may have well be an irritation but couldnt hurt to check... best of luck to you! keep us posted!
Post a Comment