Monday, November 3, 2008

Safe and Sound in Florida

We're home! ok, so we got home yesterday but I've been too lazy to blog. I thought I'd blog about the day of the transfer...

On Friday morning, we got up and headed to Mimi's Cafe for breakfast at the recommendation of friends who live there. It was delicious. The hubby got pancakes and I think those were the best pancakes that I've ever eaten. After we drove around for a little bit since we still had some time to kill. We arrived at 10:15am as requested. I got my blood drawn to check my estrogen and progesterone levels. As I was getting my blood drawn, Anna from the lab hunted me down to sign paperwork. Once all that was done, we headed to the 2nd floor. After a few minutes or so, Lori greeted us. She was the acupuncturist. She was awesome too! So, hubby and I went back to the room, I got changed into my gown and went over a few things w her in regards to when the last time I did acupuncture was and my sensitive spots. We decided now was the time for valium since acupuncture does freak me a little. She did the first half of the treatment and was sooo incredibly gentle. She wouldn't leave the room if any of the needles were bugging me. She put them in my feet, legs, stomach, ears, head and wrist. The ear ones hurt a tad going in but they seemed to be better in time. She left and came back, rotated the needles and left again.

Once she was done, the nurses came in to start going over what I can and can't do for the next week or so and how to handle bedrest. Can you say strict? geesh! recline the seat on the way back to the hotel, no lifting more than 5 pounds until beta, in bed for 36 hours, basically until we left, etc. It was a list but I won't bore. One of the nurses even said you probably don't remember me but I took care of you in August! I thought that was funny, of course I remember!! They checked my bladder to make sure it was full enough and I'm not going to lie, I had hoped it was too full since I had to go but no such luck!! DARN IT! Dr. G came in went over our embryos and said that they thawed 2 and both did great, one at 98% and the other at 100%. He was happy and said it really doesn't get better than that. He checked the US and said, ok, looks like the bladder is full enough. So, just one rule, no peeing on me! great, way to make a lady who has to pee bad, laugh! :) It was funny. The embrylogist came in with our embryos. They were in like an incubator type device with a monitor on top. She put them on the monitor and there they were. You could clearly see the one on the right was doing something, I figured it was hatching so I asked. Sure enough, Dr. G and the embrylogist said, it's hatching, exactly what we like to see! The embrylogist said they looked very good. She put them in the tube and handed it over to Dr. G. He put them back w me, the embrylogist checked the tube to make sure and we were done! At some point, we were talking w Dr. G and realized that while we were in Gainesville for college, he was there as well for medical school. I thought that was funny.

After the procedure, I was in bed for 15 minutes, then a nurse came in to see if I wanted to use a bed pan. I declined. The nurse reclined the bed so my head was back to help w blood flow. Lori came back for part 2 of the acupuncture. I can't remember where all the needles went this time but one was in between the eyes, that was a new one for me. Once she was done, I had about 10 min left on bedrest. It was a total of one hour after the procedure. Then, I got to use the bathroom finally! The nurse took me down in a wheelchair and we were off back to the hotel! :)

9 comments:

Linda said...

Reading about your ET brings back memories of when I had my transfer at CCRM back in July. Hoping and praying for a BFP for you!!

Rachie Pachie said...

So glad to hear how well it went! :)

Can't wait to see how the test goes!

Josée Martens said...

Wow that is a lot of detail! Sounds like a beautiful transfer. Welcome home.

Grow embies grow!

Emily said...

Sounds like it was text book perfect and then some!!!

I am glad you are home safe and sound. I hope you are feeling peaceful with the embies back home!

I hate having to pee so bad.

:) Thinking of you!

Gena L said...

I'm praying this is your time!!! ::fingers crossed for a BFP::

Lisa said...

Glad you had a good transfer! I'll pray that your embies snuggle in tight. Get your rest! And good luck on your BFP!!

Kristen said...

I'm so happy to hear everything went smoothly. I thought of you all weekend long!!!!

Michele said...

Thinking of you!!!

Jill said...

I'm so glad it went well! You are in my thoughts and prayers!