Thursday, September 18, 2008

This is like my zillionth post today!

Ok, the nurse called. She said a few questions, first off, PIO or suppositories? I know, everyone jumps for the supps. NOT ME! PIO and you are done! So, she's like, they do hurt, blah blah blah blah. I told her, yeah, been there, not too bad, more of a pain in the ass, ok, not literally, to do the suppositories. She said they didn't have to be done 3x a day every 8 hours exactly and it provides better progesterone being it's going right there! They've seen higher levels. So, suppositories it is. Then, she says, here's the funny part, has Schoolcraft called you yet? I said, yeah, just a few hours ago. She said, good! He was out and I did a little rearranging so you were up top. :) nice, right? Then, she says, well, you were good news so not as hard to call you. I was like, really? was I good news? because Dr. S didn't seem too enthusiastic. She said, well, yeah, that's just how he is. I said, Yeah, I know. She says, he is brillant though. I told her, don't get me wrong, I really love him! I'm way better off than I was a year ago but he gives me anxiety with his calls. He is NEVER excited. She says, yeah, I know, how do you think we feel?? Ha, I thought that was funny... If you've ever spoken to Schoolcraft, you know what I mean. Don't get me wrong, he's great, answers questions, fills you in, but he's just not excited!

Ok, calendar to come...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll trade you. The Dr we're seeing is suuuuuuuuuper positive. To the point that it makes us nervous. A) Would he tell us the truth if we were hopeless and b) why the H arent we pregnant yet if everything looks "just great!"? :P

Hang in there. I'm a displaced hurricane survivor having to do the suppositories in my in-laws house. NOT FUN!

Lisa Wagnes said...

Sounds like a good day, lots of good info (supps aside...)! My RE is not particularly warm & fuzzy but we figure, hey, he's more scientist than caretaker and it isn't like he'd be following me throughout the pregnancy so if he can get the deed done, works for me. GL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

g said...

so true!! he def dosent show any excitement just the facts... I am so happy that you have gotten good results and cant wait to see you get the good news you deserve... :) it sounds like we may be up there at the same time..? or did u already tell me its the end of oct??

Lisa said...

I hear you on the supps! Cornell just had me use them after my IVF converted to IUI. I practically begged to do the PIO instead, which they thought was hysterical, but, nope, they made me do the nasty supps.