As I was leaving work yesterday, as always, I made sure my phone was within my reach while driving. I usually put my handsfree in and be prepared but I didn't. I'm not sure but I must have had a feeling the results were coming because a few minutes before I was thinking I should stay to the side just in case they call so I can pull into a parking lot or something. The phone rang and low and behold, CCRM! I thought to myself, ok, here it is. I took a deep breathe and answered. Of course, nowhere to pull over to. It was a nurse so I'm thinking that's a good sign. I think Dr. Schoolcraft would call with bad news. He's very good like that. She says, how are you? I didn't even catch her name I was so nervous. I said I'm good but I'm not so sure how I'll be in the next 5 minutes. She said no, no, you're fine. I have good news. Of the 9 embryos, 5 of them were normal, 1 came back no result and 3 were abnormal. So, there you have it! I have FIVE embryos waiting to be transferred. Of course, the best 2 will be transferred and the rest will be left on ice in case this doesn't work or for future children.
She went on to ask when I expected my period. I told her for once, I don't know. I didn't chart, temp, NOTHING! She laughed. She said well when do you estimate it so I can put you on the calendar. I told her 10-12 days which I'm not even really sure of. I think my cycle is really screwed up still. Then, I thanked her and she told me Schoolcraft would call within the next week, her hope was today. She told me that she was my new assigned nurse too. My old one left which I knew but I wasn't sure who had been reassigned to me.
After the call, I didn't know whether to cry, scream or what. I was really overwhelmed with emotion. I was headed to my parent's house after which wasn't very good timing. While they know, my dad is a dad, this stuff is too much information for him. But, I really didn't give a crap and told my mother infront of him anyways. He needs to get over it and deal. I'm not embarrassed or ashamed of what I'm doing.
So, I don't have any dates, I know that everyone will be asking but I really won't know until I get my period. I will have to start the pill and do lupron for one cycle just like I did with the fresh cycle. Then, once my period arrives after the bcp/lupron, I will start. When I have that information, I will be sure to share. Dr. Schoolcraft will call me in the next week or so to answer any questions I have.
This is where I need help. I have started my list of questions but I'm hoping everyone can give me their input. Here's what I have-
1- of the embryos that were abnormal, what was wrong with them? Does this show an indicator of another issue of why it may not have worked in the past?
2- What can I do before the transfer to help? acupuncture? anything at all?
3- Since I have Endo, how much does this play into my success? what do you think my chances of success are?
4- When I did my last FET, my lining got to be over 17 4 days before the transfer, what can we do to keep an eye on this and prevent it from happening? more ultrasounds sooner?
So, that's what I have. If anyone can think of anything else, I would appreciate it. Finally, because this is probably the longest blog entry ever!, I want to thank everyone for all their thoughts, care, interest and support. I have met some really amazing people along this journey and there are some who have now become friends I've never met, although, we will one day!
1 week ago


23 comments:
WHOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
thats great news!!!!!!!!! i am so excited fo ryou!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i cant wait to hear more on when you will get your totsicles to there home!! ;)
YAYYYY!!!! Christi, that is AWESOME news!!! Congrats!!!
Sooooooooooooooooo awesome, that is so exciting!
YAY, Christi!!!!! Such good news...5 good embryos is wonderful. Can't wait to hear how your convo with Dr. Schoolcraft goes.
I'm not askin' for dates - this is enough good news for right now!!!! I am so thrilled for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(and, my dad is the same way...!)
That's awesome! 5 sounds like such a great number! :)
Yes, and POO on the ads thing. We'll make it anyhow, right?!
Can't wait to hear when that FET will be! :)
Super congrats! That is a great number to work with!
As far as your questions..I'd definitely ask about the endo--just to be sure.
Good luck!
That is so amazing and wonderful!! I am so happy for you.
Yay Christi! That's great news!
That is great news!
I am just SOOOOOOOOOOOO excited for you and Tom!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! See, good things DO come happen to good people!!!
Christi-I'm so, so happy for you guys!!! I hope the Schoolcraft discussion goes well. I can't wait for you to get those embabies back inside your uterus!
I am so happy for you!!!! This is wonderful news! Your questions sound good so far. Wishing you nothing but all the best as your FET begins!
Yay! Congratulations on the good news! :)
Congrats on the awesome news!!! Very exciting! Depending on timing, maybe we can meet when you are here for transfer.
I would definitely do acupuncture on the day of the transfer. They do it right in the clinic in the same room that they do the transfer in, before and after. I can't think of any additional questions, but the ones you've listed sound good.
I can't remember, who was your original nurse?
OMG! This is AWESOME!! My understanding is as we get a older the number of abnormals increases and that is 'normal' to have 'abnormals' :-)
Congrats. This is awesome. It sounds like 2 kids in there. One this year. One next year. Hee hee.
yay for wonderful news! I hope it only goes up hill from here!
This is such great news! I'm jealous - does anyone express jealousy on these infertility blogs or is that taboo? :-). I look forward to finding out your FET date, and I, too, would recommend the acupuncture. I did the acupuncture at CCRM the day of my transfer and if nothing else, it just made the whole day a great experience. And really, in the scheme of things, what's another $225...
That's awesome Christi!
I would also be curious and ask them how many they are going to thaw and recommend transferring? 3 this time to up your chances or 2? I am really curious to hear what their rationale will be to either or. Are they going to do the HCG booster? Why or why not? Will it be a natural FET or assisted?
I would also ask the ok.. what if this fails (sorry I hate to go there). How soon can we do #2, what would your plan be? More testing?
Sorry for all the questions. I want this to work so badly for you!
Congrats! That's awesome news.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!
YAY!!! I'm so happy that you have some normal embies! I'm so excited for you!
Yay for the 5 good embies!! GREAT news!!
Post a Comment