Thursday, September 18, 2008

Follow up with Schoolcraft...

Today is all about CCRM day, geesh! Schoolcraft called to follow up, see if I had any questions. Of course, I was expecting the nurse so I didn't grab my questions. I had to ask him to hang on for a minute so I could go somewhere private. THAT WAS AWKWARD! So, I basically asked what he thought of the embryos, he said he was glad to see there were normals, pretty average results, not great, not bad. He said, it's pretty tragic to see all abnormals so this was good. I asked if the results showed a greater issue and he said no, they all had different things wrong with them. I asked how my endo played into it and he said the only issue that really is involved is with the beta 3 integrin receptors which I tested positive for. So, it's really not an issue. I asked him for a number, if he had to give me some sorte of success rate, what he thought it'd be. He asked me about the prior failures and he said about 60% which he thought is still pretty good. It definitely is but just curious to know. I reminded him how my lining got thick at home on my FET and he said that we could do some more ultrasounds after 7-10 days to check and make sure it's not getting crazy thick. He said my lining on the fresh was 14 which isn't bad so he wasn't worried. AND, I know, the question everyone wants to know the answer to, HOW MANY??? He said 2. If they don't survive, he'd thaw a 3rd.

The one thing I forgot to ask was if this doesn't work, then what? It's probably better that I don't know the answer to that question. So, now we wait for the nurse to call me back. I called her around noon my time. He ended with Good Luck and said to get with the nurse when my period shows and I told him I had called today actually. So, he said, great, let's get everything started! I thanked him, told him this was much farther than I expected to make it and that my experience had been way better than at my clinic at home. He was glad and that was that!

Where's the nurse? now I am really dying to move forward!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Oooh! Goody! Sounds all good to me. I am dying for AF to show up so you can get going and get that BFP!!!!!!!

60% is amazing....

Lisa said...

Hey, I think 60% sounds great!! Sounds like it was a good call with him!