I was at my desk and heard my phone vibrate. I pick it up, missed call from CCRM. OMG, my heart races and thoughts go crazy. The plane carrying the cells crashed! The results are back and none are normal! I race to listen to the message, karotype results for me are normal, 46 chromosomes, normal female. PHEW! That's a relief.
Dr. Schoolcraft had said, wouldn't that be ironic if all this time your local doctor thought it was your husband and it was you? NO, that would not be ironic. He obviously doesn't know me and my husband very well. But, it's normal and all is good in the world for now.
These 6 weeks are not going as I had planned. I had thought it'd be life as usual. I could have a "normal" life. But, all that I'm finding is since I'm not cycling, not prepping, not doing testing, I find myself physically and emotionally drained. When you are so busy doing all that stuff, you don't have time to be tired, now, I do. And, I'm pooped from the last 2 years of TTTC. So, if anyone feels that I've been absent or anything, I'm really sorry. I'm just struggling with it all right now.
1 week ago


8 comments:
Hi,
This is Christina - you posted on my blog (ivfatccrm) a couple of days ago. Thanks for the well wishes and best of luck to you both as well!
Your post today answers what I've been wondering - what is it going to be like when I am no longer obsessed with the routine of this process and I am just waiting for that phone call? I imagine exhaustion as well. Take good care of yourself.
So glad that the chromosomal studies came back normal. That's always a good feeling, isn't it? You have every right to be pooped! Kick it up, relax, and take all the time you need to yourself right now! :-)
Sorry it's a long wait, but maybe you can use the time to rest up your body in preparation for pregnancy! And then sleepless nights, and toddler worries, and school worries, etc etc etc! Bring it on :)
I've always found that the struggle and the exhaustion seem to hit when I have least expected them. Feel what you need to feel!
glad all came back good!!
i agree with you! i have been just exhausted when TAB or sitting here just waiting to start up again... you want to get into a "normal" routine but just doesnt happen cause of lack of energy! So sorry the missed call stressed you out... it wont be long now!:) and we are here for anything you need!!
Yes, missing a phone call like that makes my heart race. I am glad all is well on that front. Just a few more weeks... I hope you can find a positive distraction... if only it were that easy.
Christi, Thanks so very very much for your sweet comments. Maybe I'll cycle again by the time you go back for your FET. Keep blogging, hon!
I had my cell on me 24/7 while I was waiting... b/c you *never know* when that call just might come. Ugh.
Other than it (the wait) SUCKED, my only advice is to do stuff (drink, skydive, etc.) you wouldn't do in a million years while TTC. I think I even had a martini! lol.
When you're going completely batcrazy, I have lab contact info for you. :)
Post a Comment