Dh and I will be in Denver with a two burner stove and microwave, a fridge too! We are big on bbq foods, hamburgers, chicken, steaks, we use our bbq ALOT! While cycling, that's the best to eat too, high in protein! Anyone have ideas on what to eat with only the stove, micro and fridge?? something high in protein of course, gotta avoid that OHSS!!!
Awesome, great ideas so far, hubby and I LOVE Tacos! I love the idea of George Foreman. I looked and Target sells them for $20 so we could get one when we get out there. If anyone has any good stir fry recipes, send them over to Kristi889@gmail.com.
thanks!!
I do have a calendar now! :) I've put some of the dates on the side of my blog... Off to Denver we go.............
1 week ago


12 comments:
Hmmmm...definitely boneless skinless chicken tender or breasts--there are a bunch of stir fry stule recipes you could try, ground turkey or lean beef tacos. Dont forget peanut butter has protein too! hehe
Hmm, I'd probably do a lot of ground beef or ground turkey things - tacos, sweet and sour meatballs, etc...
Chicken stir fry.
Oh, and eggs.
Another idea might be to buy an inexpensive George Foreman and then you can grill all kinds of things!
So excited for you getting started!!
I ate a lot of frozen foods because of the salt content, but not sure if your fridge will have a freezer. If you want a treat, stop by Tony's Meats and Specialty Foods. Closest one to CCRM is on Dry Creek between Holly and Colorado. They are a bit pricy, but have all sorts of things you could grill on your GF grill and they're really good with suggestions. Let me know if you want directions.
It's getting so close. I am praying that this is the one for you. I don't have much help with recipes. Good Luck!
I would say eggs and peanut butter are good staples.
I think allrecipes.com has a low carb section. They are usually really high in protein.
Good Luck!
Oh man, we're vegetarian so it's hard to help here. But we'll be in the same boat--a small stove, microwave, and little fridge. It sounds like everyone else has some great ideas!
Well don't forget that beans and cheese have protein so you can add some mexican recipes with lots of that.
Try to find a grocery store that has Rotisserie Chicken. That way they've done the roasting. You can make potatoes and green beans and there is a lovely dinner. Plus, save the extra leftover chicken and buy some nice bread. The next day you can have some awesome chicken sandwiches. I love mine with a light mayo in which I put some chopped garlic and cilantro. It makes for a fast, tangy sandwich. My DH lovessss those sandwiches. You could also look for some recipes for breaded pork chops you can fry up in a pan. Oh I know!!! If you can get some slow cooker recipes, you can get a crock pot for cheap and slow cook all sorts of stews and meats. Good luck!
Congrats on your schedule! Can you let me know why you are going to Devnver on day 2 of stimming? I thought schoolcraft told me to go on day 5. I am trying to figure out my own plan.
Oh and I love your planning sense! :-)
Ok. Another idea... how about oven baked chicken wings? Just don't make it too spicy. That is pretty easy to make. Just a thought.
I will totally take your idea of making a meal plan. That is a great idea. Then I can pack a few of my favorite smaller utensils.
Here's what we did in college with a plug-in Geor.ge F.oreman grill (and would work with a stovetop) . . . slice up and skillet-saute some chicken or steak strips. Add in the papers & onions & maybe some salsa at the end. Warm up some tortillas (or pits) in the microwave. Add some cheese if so inclined. Presto -- fajitas!
I have a ton of good high protein meals I've been eating while on South Beach Diet. I'll email them to you! :o)
How about some tuna casserole.
Ha
Ha
Ha
Ha
Ha
:-)
Post a Comment