Monday, July 21, 2008

I'm kinda freaking out...

I told my boss that I needed off for 2 weeks for surgery. I had told him about 3 weeks ago that it was coming so it wasn't a total shock. He didn't seem bothered. I thought that I'd feel a sense of relief but I have MORE anxiety now than before. He is in with the owners, I feel like they are discussing it. I'm afraid that they aren't going to pay me although I have about 6 days so I would get some pay. I'm just plain concerned because I've seen how they've handled letting these people go over the past week. They aren't necessarily the most compassionate people in the world... Hopefully, it just won't be an issue!

6 comments:

shawna said...

I'm praying for compassion!

Lisa said...

Oh no! I'm waiting to hear an update!

Josée Martens said...

I hope they handle this situation with kid gloves and compassion.

how's the lupron treating you?

Jill said...

Wow -- 'cause you really need work stress right now, right? GOOD LUCK!!

g said...

So sorry your freaking out.. i know how you feel though. i just started this new job and i have had to deal with all these apts. I too told them i needed 2wks off in Oct... woried how they will handle it... and i think it will be unpaid! i am hoping for a different scenerio for you! hoping they good to you.. BTW we will be at CCRM at the same time! i head up there 7/31-8/3 -
Good luck to you cant wait for an update :)

Kate said...

Goodluck!! I hope you have lots of success at CCRM.