Sunday, July 27, 2008

I am in DENVER!

We arrived in Denver this morning around 10:30am Denver Time. The flight was on time and smooth. Our flight left West Palm Beach at 6am. Can you say OUCH? We were up at 330am. We got to the airport only to find out security wasn't open for another 30 minutes!! So, we waited and a line formed which we didn't get into. Of course, they only open one belt and things get backed up. Of course, my bag got pulled, understandably considering I have ove 50 syringes in there! They claimed it was pulled bc I had a heating pad in there. SURE....

Our flight to Atlanta took off on time, no problem. It was short, about an hour and a half, I couldn't sleep. Our flight from Atl to Denver also took off on time! Big plane too, 220 people, 3 aisles. I was in and out on this flight, I couldn't stay awake. But, everything time that I'd fall asleep, something would wake me up. The flight was nice though, being it was longer, there were snacks and you could buy a meal. But, Tom and I shared a bagel from Starbucks.

After we got in, of course, I handy Tom Tom was down, fortunately, we had printed instructions out from google. We checked into the hotel and not within 5 minutes, a big dog was barking across the hotel. We opted to change rooms before getting settled. We headed to Panera for lunch, got some groceries at Target. At Target, it hit me, I could barely stay up. I hit the bed as soon as we got back. I was asleep for 4 hours. We're going to get some dinner now. Tomorrow is a free day. We have our first stim check on Tuesday!

7 comments:

Jill said...

I'm hanging on every word you write! So glad you made it safely! Have fun tonight when you go out to dinner. I'm writing down some of the restaurant recommendations from IVF Connections ladies.

BTW, we really liked a hole in the wall sushi place we visited last time: Sonoda's. We ate at the downtown Denver location, but I think there are a few spread out throughout Denver. That is, if you like sushi...

Josée Martens said...

I hope you are feeling better. How's it feel to be in Denver and on your way!!??

Denise said...

Welcome, friend! I hope the Mile High city treats you kindly and that your cycle goes as smoothly as your travel.

If you are wanting sushi, the best place in town is Sushi Den. It is on S. Pearl Street in S. Denver, not too far. Really trendy, but awesome. Sonoda's is pretty good too. Sushi Den is the place that all the chefs train at before they branch out to other restaurants or start their own restaurants in town. The people that own Sushi Den have the one here and one in Japan and the fish is flown in fresh daily. Sorry if you don't like sushi I just ended up going on a tangent about sushi there! I got all excited just thinking about it.

Michele said...

Yay!! Gad you made it safely! Cant wait to hear the updates! (Happycouple)

Holly said...

Glad you made it safely!!! I can't wait to hear more updates:)

g said...

OH BTW check out Heidi's sanwich shop just across from target.. great sammys! :)

DAVs said...

Yay you're there! This is so exciting--you have so many people cheering you on!
So you didn't have any stim checks at home? I should get my calendar sometime soon since I start depot Lupron tonight.
Can't wait to hear your updates--grow follies grow!