Well, there it is! The obligatory picture of the meds for IVF#3! I was looking back at the picture of the meds for IVF#1 and realized there's less because of the follistim. My old RE had you use the vials so there was like 20 boxes while CCRM uses the pen. So, it's much more compact, thank god considering I have to travel with it.
I remember when I got my meds for IVF #1, I was like a kid in a candy store. I was so excited, checking it out, seeing what was all involved. Then, I opened the needles. I recall some paniac and hyperventilation. Of course, the 18 gauge is for drawing up the PIO so that was a relief (I didn't know at the time) but the 22 gauge was for injecting the PIO. It still isn't quite pretty. Thankfully, Dr. S wants me using Endometrin which involves NO needles. HOORAY!
Of course, Fedex was later than usual in delivering. They usually get here by 10:30am. They didn't arrive until noon which wouldn't be a big deal but I had lunch plans at noon with my local CCRM buddies. They didn't mind the delay. And, infact, when I called them to let them know they arrived, I felt so bad for delaying and their response was please tell me that you got them! They didn't give a crap about being late, it's sooo nice to interact with people who get it. People who understand why it's so important. I'm so thankfully for that little bit of sanity.
So, here goes nothing, I have my first injection of lupron tomorrow. My injection free life is about to end! Fortunately, it's just 1 needle a day until stims when I'll have 3 injections a day! let's hope the 3rd time is a charm!!!


7 comments:
Yay for meds! I took Gonal F instead of Follistim, but I found the pen very easy to use. Not sure if they are the same. I also took Endometrin, although I started with prometrium. The endometrin was much less irritating for me.
good luck & happy thoughts your way.
PS....I met a woman today who's 3rd IVF round gave her 2 beautiful girls. hang in there!!
EEKK!!! So freakin' excited for you! I hope the Lupron is nicer to you this time. :-)
And, hooray for no PIO shots! Woohoo!!!
Yay for getting your meds, you're on your way. I KNOW the third time will be the charm!
Congrats on getting your meds! I can't wait to get mine. I've used the Endometrin before too (it was a little wetting but not gooey. a pack of pantyliners required).
Good luck on your shot tomorrow.
What BCP did they put you on?
Hey there... just came across your blog and noticed we have two things in common! CCRM & FL :) wishing you the best of luck on your upcoming cycle! I hope that all that talk about "their lab being the best" proves to be true for us all!. I am heading back up there in a few weeks for surgery then hopefully IVF#5 in the fall... BTW where in FL ru?
And so it begins! I hope this is the cycle that brings you your miracle. Best wishes!
Post a Comment