I'm going to award this to 4 AWESOME LADIES!! I speak to all of them regularly and I have to admit, I have withdrawals if I don't talk to them.
I would like to give this award to the following amazing women:
1) Kristen (I Would Diet for that!) - Kristen was the first person that I really developed a solid friendship with on Trouble Trying to conceive. I believe the first person that I spoke to via phone. She is such a wonderful support to me. She's always doing little things that are so thoughtful and sweet. Before my FET, I got the funniest ecard wishing me Good Luck. When my dog, Angel, died, she sent me the sweetest ecard. Of course, when my cycle failed, I got the nicest card in the mail. Meanwhile, she's also had a failed fresh, a failed FET and struggling through her own infertility but she always takes the time to think of me!
2) Jill (Desperately Seeking Spawn) - Jill and I met on TTTC. Her 1ST IVF was during my 2nd fresh. I have to admit, I was totally against chatting with new people. Who wants cycle buddies when doing IVF #2 when they are on IVF #1? It's a complete defense mechanism but it's only to protect yourself of the possibility of constant future reminders. We began really chatting once her cycle failed. I hate more than anything that it failed. But, I am so forever grateful for her friendship as she's a HUGE support. Her accent is so endearing, it'll put anyone at ease! :)
She's also venturing the CCRM route and it's great to have the support of someone going through the same journey there.
3) Emily (No Expectations but Baby) - Emily and I met on a private MSN board that I belong to. She had paged me as we were cycling at the same time. She was doing her first cycle when I was doing my 2nd, like Jill. Of course, I was hesitant but Emily is the sweetest girl, I couldn't resist chatting and getting to know her. We have such a similar situation too. When my cycle failed, I received the most touching card in the mail from her. Unfortunately, her cycles have failed as well. I hate that anyone should experience two failed cycles but it's so incredibly awesome to have support from someone who knows exactly how you feel.
4) Sam & Mikey (Trials and Tribulations of a Baby Boy) - Sam and I initially met on The Knot. We got married a week apart - her the week before me. When my initial reception site bailed, she was someone that stepped up to help me find a new place. We'd talked via the knot, the nest, email for quite sometime before we finally met. She helped me on TTC as she was seeing a RE. Long Story short, we still talk, practically daily, and she is the best supporter! She's had her own issues but is always asking me how I'm doing, what's going on and helping ME!! She has the cutest little boy, Mikey. I'm so thankful that they are a part of my life. They make it so much easier to get through the day. It's nothing like seeing a sweet photo of Mikey to put a smile on my face. :)
Here's how to pass it on:
1. On your blog, copy and paste the award, these rules, a link back to the person who selected you, and a link to this post: http://smartone.typepad.com/smartone/2008/05/pink-is-my-favo.html. You will find the story behind the Pink Rose Award and other graphics to choose from there.
2. Select as many award recipients as you would like, link to their blogs (if they have one), and explain why you have chosen them.
3. Let them know that you have selected them for an award by commenting on one of their posts.
4. If you are selected, pass it on by giving the Pink Rose Award to others.
5. If you find that someone you want to nominate has already been selected by someone else, you can still honor them by posting a comment on their award post stating your reasons for wishing to grant them the award.
6. You do not have to wait until someone nominates you to nominate someone else.


3 comments:
I'm so glad you read my blog... because I completely forgot to let you guys know! :)
That's really a sweet thing! I am constantly amazed at the supportive I have received through online groups and the blogosphere, etc. Support is essential and I can't imagine where any of us would be without the internet!
Aw, thank you! It really has been a neat friendship we've formed! You are the best!
Post a Comment