Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Obgyn...

Ok, so, she's no longer an OB. But, I wish she was so I'm just going to call her that. Living in denial... I had my appointment with her yesterday afternoon. I hadn't seen her since last April before all the IVF madness. I completely forgot how nice and AWESOME she is! She got an update on everything that's been going on, asking questions, stuff like that but it wasn't anything that I hadn't already discussed with Doc S or considered. She seemed quite puzzled and didn't understand it. I said, well, it's hubby's sperm. She said, and you saw the urologist, right? I told her, there's nothing they can do for him. She was really nice about it, just trying to be helpful. She asked if there was a brother and I told her that wasn't an option for us. Then, she asked about donor sperm. I told her, we'll cross that bridge but right now we want to exhaust this option.

She's got me scheduled for the biopsy that I need done, she'll be doing it next Thursday. I asked her how much pain I should expect, she was like it's nothing, after what you've been through the past year, you'll be fine. That's when I got a funky look from the nurse. I'm going to go with the nurse on this one!! Oh well, it needs to be done.

I had talked to her about the fact that she's no longer delivering. She said all the other doctors in her office were delivering but once I get pregnant to see the midwives in her other office. She said, this way you'll get the TLC I need and if they need a doctor, she'll come in if she's in town. I thought that was really nice but I don't expect her to do that. Either way, one thing at a time. Let's hope I need to worry about that one.

She did an exam, everything was fine, and sent me on my way. I really don't know why I was so nervous, she really is so nice. I think that's why she's the only Obgyn that I've ever seen not counting the REs. I also emailed my CCRM nurse in hopes to get some sort of idea if I can atleast start bcp next cycle!

9 comments:

Jill said...

I'm so glad the appointment went well!!! :)

Josée Martens said...

good luck with the biopsy. i had mine last month. i took half a vicodin an hour and half before, three advils 30 minutes before, they gave me two valiums and then they gave me a shot of licodaine to the cervix. It was minorly painful. It didn't last long at all either.

Jennifer said...

Sounds like things are moving along. Good luck with the biopsy!

Queenie. . . said...

It sounds like things are looking up. Good luck to you with this next cycle.

Wishing 4 One said...

My OB in the States sounds like her, i miss her so. Anyway sounds like everything is going great, I am so glad! Its getting more and more exciting for you girl. Sending you big hugs and lots of good thoughts....

DAVs said...

Glad things are going so well! We voted to skip the biopsy and just take the depot Lupron.
I loved CCRM and can't wait to go back!

Amanda said...

Good luck with the biopsy! I'm glad that everything is moving along!

(here via NCLM)

Michele said...

Its rare to find a great OB--today I had a checkup and they get so darn rough with those internal exams!!!! ugh! Anyways, glad the visit went well and that you will be starting your cycle soon!
(Happycouple)

Unknown said...

It looks like you're on your way. I hope you get to start your BCP's soon! Good luck with your biopsy.