Friday, June 20, 2008

ICSI it is!

Ok, I feel dumb for worrying now. We spoke to the nurse last night. The sample came in at 15 million, 32% for motility, 1% for morphology. She said they like to see 20 million, 40% for motility and 5% for morphology. To be quite honest, the 15 million excited me! The past few samples have been under 1 million. I was starting to wonder if everything was disappearing. The morphology does make me nervous but really, it varies so much from sample to sample so I'm not going to stress over it. But, if anyone would like to throw me a ray of hope, GO FOR IT!

The antibodies test came back in normal ranges. Plus, my bloodwork for the ashkenazi jewish panel was normal. I said to her, so, no new discoveries?? She said, no, I'm sorry. I told her, don't apologize, I'm really just hoping that my local RE is a dumbass. She said they suggest ICSI which isn't anything we didn't already know. We've done ICSI the last two times. So, that's it!

She called in my birth control pill prescription as it did seem to be missing. Hopefully, I should start the pill with the next cycle. Of course, we still have the biopsy, TSH and cd 3 fsh to conquer. But, even if the biopsy comes back bad, which we are preparing for, I will go on depot lupron for two months after the retrieval assuming we have embryos sent for CGH testing.

Thanks for all the supportive comments yesterday. It was nice to be reminded to breathe, I think I forget sometimes. I really do appreciate hearing stories of hope and knowing that it can happen! And, really, would I try if I didn't think it would??? definitely not and neither would Dr. Schoolcraft, I need to have a little faith, it's just hard after what my last RE did....

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! I'll be dress shopping for my SIL's wedding for next Saturday. Thanks to my IVF weight, the dress I planned to wear is a bit to snug! yes, it's an excuse to get a new dress... HAHA

10 comments:

Josée Martens said...

Wow! You seem to have a more responsive nurse. WHo is your nurse? We got the 1% morph back too so icsi for us too! If you already got your BCPs, does that mean you are going to start taking them with your upcoming AF? I am not starting til a month later, I assumed... hmmm.

Wishing 4 One said...

Good news....all will be great next cycle. Have fun dress shopping too! Happy weekend my friend.

Kim said...

Here is your story of hope - My dh's morphology was always about 2-6% depending on the sample. We have three boys, so it is possible with low morphology - one was CLomid and timed intercourse, one was injectables with iui and the last was IVF with ICSI! Good Luck! nclm

DC said...

Good luck with your cycle!! :)

shawna said...

I know that it is so easy to overanalyze every number. I am so guilty myself. I pray that you can let go just a little bit, and you are able to find some hope.

Eliza said...

TSH? Okay, I'm here from NCLM and haven't had a chance to read all the gory details (YET) but I'm on a crusade re: women's health and hypothyroidism. TSH is NOT definitive! If you have symptoms of hypothyroidism such as depression, thinning hair, weight gain or hard to lose weight, and um, you know, infertility, but your TSH comes back borderline or even normal, please please please ask them to do a free T3 and T4 level on you as well--it's easy to tack that onto the other bloodwork and tells them what's REALLY going on. TSH tells them whether your pituitary gland is secreting excess TSH to try to stimulate a flagging thyroid, but I have rampant hypothyroidism that went untreated for three years until someone checked the OTHER numbers, and it turns out your TSH can be low if your pituitary isn't up to snuff, and you can still BADLY need Synthroid to feel better (and, you know, sustain a pregnancy and all that good stuff). I have officially declared the thyroid to be a feminist issue, because since I was a woman in my twenties they dismissed my symptoms and kept giving me antidepressants and asking about my stress levels, while men with identical symptoms are treated for the actual problem MUCH SOONER. My two cents (or buck-fifty, really, but it never hurts to check every little thing). Good luck with the ICSI!

Jen & Jeff said...

I've been thinking about you and wondering where and how you've been! I hope everything goes PERFECT with this cycle and write soon!

((hugs!))

Michele said...

15 mil is something to be happy about--seriously. To us ICSI ladies, anything that gets higher each time is something to be happy about! Things are looking up!
(Hapycouple)

Katie said...

Via NaComLeavMo...
Good luck. i hope it all goes well.

Josée Martens said...

Hope you got a nice dress!

So since you are starting BCPs in a week or so and they are making me wait til after a send in my day 3 blood next week. So we'll be a month off since I'll be doing my transfer around the first/second week of september and you in the beginning of August right? But I'll still be cheering you on.