I had the most wonderful dream last night. It seemed so real. I was sitting on the floor, oddly enough, in my childhood bedroom. But, I was an adult and even more importantly, a mother. I was holding this little girl, trying to change her clothes and diaper. There were all these clothes on the floor as if I had been folding and sorting laundry. The baby girl was saying yucky yucky because her diaper was so dirty. While all this was going on, there was a baby boy in the background. It was a twin brother. He was sitting in something while I was taking care of the baby girl. I remember how much fun we were having and how enjoyable it was. While all this was going on, the little boy got out of what he was sitting in and started walking. I remember being excited and that's when I woke back up.
Warning, bitter infertile talk coming...
I've been doing so well the past few weeks. But, I must admit, the past few days have been a bit harder. I'm not quite sure what has triggered it. It could be so many things and maybe it's the impending trip to Denver weighing on my mind. I've been feeling bitter and frustrated. I really just don't understand it all, why it's taking so long to figure all this out, why two IVFs have failed, why this is costing so much, etc... I'm really sick of telling myself, I'll appreciate it that much more when it happens, everything happens for a reason, God had his plan, all those things I use to rationalize the situation. All in all, I'm just plain sick of it all. Please don't reply with why don't you adopt? have you considered not having kids? and especially, do NOT reply with it will happen!! I really hate that because you know what, it might NOT happen, some people can't have children ever.
Tomorrow, I am meeting with a few girls in my area who are also heading to CCRM in Denver. I hope that will help to talk to others dealing with my same situation...
1 day ago


21 comments:
I hope that dream comes true for you.
I have a hard time understanding some peoples insensitivity. Yes, maybe you COULD adopt but what if that isn't the right choice for you? It isn't right for everyone and it's certainly not as easy as going down to the pound to pick out a new puppy like some people seem to think. Yes, maybe "it will just happen" at some point but there are no guarantees in life. While I understand that people are trying to encourage you the reality is that unfortunately there are childless people who did not CHOOSE to be.
What a wonderful dream! Hopefully it'll come true very very soon.
There are a ton of people out there that just don't understand infertility. There are a few that are understanding about it but really until you go through some form of infertility its just hard to truly understand the toll it can take on a couple.
Hope your lunch this weekend goes well. I'm sure if anything it'll be nice to have other local girls to talk to that are having to go to Denver too.
I think that is a beautiful dream and a very possible one at that... Sorry you are having a tough time right now...remember "NEVER Lose Hope"
HUGS
Focus on that dream - that's what's keeping you going!!
I love your dream. I hope it is a sign of good things soon to come...
I'm happy you are meeting with the CCRM girls tomorrow. I think it will help you feel better about the whole process. And June 9th will be here before you know it!!
As Emily said and to quote the beautiful coin you gave us, "Never Lose Hope." Hang in there--I'm here anytime you need to talk!
I sympathize! Don't feel guilty for being frustrated, you're definitely entitled.
I hope that dream comes true for you soon!
The fact of the matter is, IF sucks. It's expensive, it's slow, it's scary, it just sucks. I hate that you're having to go through it and while I'm sure the end result will be worth it, that doesn't mean you have to enjoy the process. It's good to try and stay optimistic, but completely normal to be frustrated with your situation. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
xo,
Amber
p.s. -- I tagged you on my blog if you're interested. Hope you're having a good weekend!
Here from NaComLeavMo. I'm sorry that you are in a bad emotional space. I do hope that things work out for the good for you.
over from nclm.
I am so sorry that you are having such a tough time right now. IF plain sucks and yes, if you get that baby you will be able to see the good in it but it's too raw right now.
I hope that dream come true, somehow.
I hate the "just adopt" comments. There is a lot involved in adoption, which many people may not want to deal with. It is no easier to adopt than it is to go through IVF.
IVF has a high emotional and financial toll. You have every right to feel frustrated and a little bitter about what is happening.
I'm sorry you're feeling so frustrating right now ((HUGS))
I hope the dream proves to be a premonition and that everything goes well in Denver -- only 9 days to go!
nacomleavmo
I hate hate hate it when people act like adoption is the cure for infertility, it's not, it is a way to become a parent, but it will never ever make me stop wanting to become pregnant. Ever.
I have been having those dreams too and they are so amazing, and then I wake up, and become so very sad. Hope it works out at ccrm in denver.
What a beautiful dream!
I probably won't be able to check in with you before your trip so I just wanted to say Good Luck! I can't wait to hear all about it. June 9th is just around the corner. I know it will feel good to finally have a plan and get some answers. Take care of yourself. Lisa
oh, I know.... it sucks. bad! a journey through multiple IVFs is INCREDIBLY hard. I am so sorry you have to go through this. I went through IVF #4 totally numb and in a complete haze. I couldn't cope any more -- autopilot I think.
I think your dream was glorious. hopefully it is a glimpse into your future. :)
Hi! I'm going through IVF #4 and we're now going to CCRM (we are in Texas) so this is a big trip. Having my day one work up next week, planning on the cycle in fall. Let's hope it is the END (and really the beginning) for the both of us!
planetdavila.blogspot.com
Hi,I sent you my email. I am the one who is currently with CCRM (bp13). my email is:
caligali25@gmail.com
I just finished my second IVF cycle.
I'm right there with you on the IF bitterness train. I'm trying to get past it; I'm just not there yet.
I really, really hope things work out for you. Sending virtual hugs your way.
hi I hope your dream comes true.I can imagine in was painful to wake up to reality.
I'm here from NaComLeavCom.
I am sorry for the difficulties you are having and all you have been through.The cost is a stress too.
I wish I had something more comforting and earnest to say to you.
I'll just say I wish you happiness while on this path.
My Little Drummer boys
warm regards
Trish
This journey is such a rollercoaster and there doesn't have to be a reason for something to trigger a rough patch. IF sucks. Period.
I hope your get-together with the CCRM ladies went well. The 9th is almost here.
I hope talking to the other girls in the same situation helped you out!
here from NaComLeavMo
Post a Comment