Saturday, May 10, 2008

A little goes a LONG way....

So, as promised... As I said in earlier posts, some people have done somethings that have been so sweet. I really want to blog about it because it was just so nice. Please ignore that the pictures are HUGE, my technical skills are hmmmm, not so good. I'll have to work on that.

So, two people sent me cards after my 2nd fresh IVF cycle failed. The first was from someone I met online (the nest) that I'd been talking to for awhile. To be honest, I'm not sure how we started talking. I think it was a similarity in our diagnosis. Ironically, since then, we've discovered a ton more similarities. The second came from someone I met on a private MSN board but she is also on the nest. She was doing her first IVF cycle when I did my second. So, we were cycle buddies. Being that on my FET, first cycle with a transfer, it seemed like almost every cycle buddy got pregnant, I was VERY hesitant to start chatting with another. But, I did and just figured I wouldn't get buddy buddy with anyone else going forward. By the way, I have become close with one other person since then, it's hard not to!!

The first card on the cover says with sympathy, my good friend. On the inside, it says I wish I had the right words to say that would help you through this sad time. But these are the words in my heart, I'm sorry, I care, I'm here for you. There is also a personal message but I want to keep that private.




The second card on the cover says I wish I could make things happen for you the way you want them to. I know how much a child would mean to you. I'm still hoping and believing for you... and keeping you in my heart. Again, there's a personal message but I want to keep that private as well.


Who knew that they made cards like the second one? It actually says I know how much a child would mean. I don't know if these ladies know how much it meant to receive those cards. And, they definitely don't know that I keep them both on my nightstand tabel (there are two other things I keep on there as well) to remind me daily that not only are there others out there struggling like me but (both these ladies have atleast one failed fresh cycle) that there are good people out there who cared so much about me to make the effor to send me such thoughtful cards!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

What a sweet post. I've never met a group of women so supportive and caring as the people I've met through infertility. A ray of light through tough times.

Mama Bear said...

What sweet sweet cards! yeah infertility can really draw you close to your women friends!

Jill said...

So sweet. What a blessing it is to be surrounded by such wonderful people through such a heart-wrenching time for all of us. I'm so glad to have cultivated a friendship with you. You really mean a lot to me!

Jessica White said...

That's wonderful that you have special people in your life who think about you! It's a great feeling (especially amongst all the suckiness of IF) to know someone else out there understands and sympathizes, and most of the time they are people we've never met!

Emily said...

What an amazing post. I was bawling when I saw my card up there - in a good way. Thank you for being an amazing friend and for all of your support!!! HUGS