Sunday, May 11, 2008

TAG!! I'm it!

My friend Jill("Desperately Seeking Spawn") has tagged me for this entry.

4 Things I did 10 years ago: (1998) -sorry only 3 but they're long enough!
1. EDUCATION: In 1998, I was attending the University of Florida in Gainesville, GO GATORS. My dh and I are HUGE fans. I was finishing up my undergrad classes and took the GMAT for Grad school. I found out that I was accepted late in the year!
2. WORK: I spent the summer of 1998 working. I applied for a nanny position for a couple who had 2 kids, Ben and Kate. They were both doctors and worked alot. They treated me wonderfully! I remember that summer very fondly. I'd arrive at 7am, give them breakfast & take Kate to kindergarten. Then, Ben and I would take a walk and he'd nap. It was lunch time when he'd wake up & we'd go get Kate. We usually spent the afternoons with Kate at swimming or ballet/gymnastics lessons. Unfortunately, it was only a summer job and everyone knew that. Their night babysitter took over days and I would watch them on weekends.
3. RELATIONSHIPS: In '98, I lived with my roomie, Heather. She met someone & wanted to live with him. I missed living with Tom as well. Tom subleased his room but we weren't so lucky with our apt. We all agreed that he would move in with us until we sublet the apartment but she got mad. Tom had to go so we both just moved out and paid double rent. We moved into our first place, a cute little villa! It was our first time living together without roomies.

4 Things I did 5 Years Ago: (2003)- 5 here makes up for the only having 3 above!
1. LOVE: Tom & I were engaged in Sept '02, we decided that we wanted a Sept wedding but couldn't have it planned by 2003 so we opted for Sept '04. We spent sometime in '03 planning our wedding! awwwww...
2. CAREER: I was promoted to Experienced Senior at Ernst & Young. This would be the beginning of the end there, the hours got to be way too much. I left in 2004 shortly before Tom and I got married.
3. FAMILY: My nephew was born! William Luis made his appearance on Halloween! After I missed my niece's birth in October 2000 by 15 minutes, I promised that I would NOT miss his. Of course, my mom called said to get there ASAP. As I walked into the hospital my cell rang & my mom said, congrats auntie! missed it again!!!
4. TRAVEL: Tom and I took what would be the first & last vacation with another couple. We went on a cruise to the Caribbean. She was a coworker & good friend. The cruise was awkward & our friendship ended the day before we got married. A hurricane hit the day of our wedding, we were married that day earlier than planned before the storm hit and the reception was cancelled. My friend & I had a falling out because of the situation, it's a long story but it ended the friendship.
5. FRIENDSHIPS- I was a bridesmaid in my childhood best friend's wedding. She was like a sister to me, she lived across the street & we spent EVERY day together until I moved to Florida in 1989.

4 Things I did yesterday:
1. Had brunch at Cheesecake factory with Tom's family.
2. Had lunch at Panera with my mom!
3. Took a nap
4. Watched Extreme Homemakeover Edition and cried. That show gets me everytime!

4 Shows I love to watch:
1. Little People, Big World, they are an amazing family who have made such a wonderful life for themselves
2. The Hills, yes, I watch the Hills on MTV.
3. George Lopez on Nick at Nite, it's on everyday at 10PM, cracks me up, not sure how I missed it the first time it aired.
4. Jon & Kate Plus 8. Their kids, one word, CUTE! I hate how people judge them, they have 8 kids and are doing the best they can!!

4 Things I love to do:
1. Read. I used to hate reading. I don't get to do it as much as I would like but I love stories of inspiration. My favroite is The last lecture by Randy Pausch, it's a MUST read, IMHO. My 2nd favorite is Miracles Happen by Brooke & Jean Ellison, story of Brooke's amazing life, she was hit by a car is paralyzed from the neck down on a ventilator. I know them from childhood, I was friends with Brooke's older sister, Kysten. Her accident happened shortly after my family moved and I will NEVER forget receiving a letter from Kysten about it.
2. Spending time w my kitties, they are so lovey.
3. Talk to my family and friends. They are the best thing ever.
4. Traveling with my dh, who better to travel with but my best friend??

This was a lot of fun!! I really enjoyed thinking back 10 and 5 years, couldn't you tell by how much I wrote???

I tag (if you see this post and want to play): "I would diet for that" - Kristen, "Trial and Tribulations of a Newborn Baby" - Sam, AND "A Sibling for Jefferson" - Tobi

2 comments:

Jill said...

Thanks for participating. It nice to know some new things about you. Hurricane on wedding day?? Goodness, I will no longer complain about the rain on my wedding day...LOL

Emily said...

This was fun! I am loving reading them and had fun completing mine too! A hurricane on your wedding?!? Whoa...