Monday, May 4, 2009

Busy Weekend!!

After work on Friday, my husband and I hit the mall to get my niece's communion gift. It had to be engraved so we got some dinner and picked up a mother's day gift. We didn't get home til about 8:30pm and I was beat. I think my days of doing that are OVER! On Saturday, I met my friend at the spa for a pedicure, finally redeemed a giftcard from my SIL from Christmas. After our pedicures, we got lunch at Panera, we had a great time!

Then, my husband and I went for a 3D ultrasound! It was absolutely awesome. We got to see Caitlin live in 3D for about 45 minutes. We saw her sucking her thumb, making fists, making funny faces, and attempting to put her thumb in her mouth. The ultrasound tech showed us how she already has hair on the back of her head!! We got the entire thing on DVD and about 40 photos. It was tons of fun. I wish we could do that every weekend but of course, that would get expensive. Here are a few of my favorite shots from the session.

Here's a shot of Caitlin making fists!


In this shot, she's making a funny smirk!

In this picture, she's trying to get her thumb in her mouth but misses. She was trying to suck her thumb for most of the session but we were pushing on my tummy to get her to put her hands down so we could get shots of her face but as soon as she'd take her thumb out, she'd try to get it right back in!

Here's where she is sucking on her thumb!

Here's a full shot of her face and some of her chest, eyes closed of course...


On Saturday night, my husband and I hit the craft store to figure out how to put her name over the crib. We hit Michael's and I didn't really like what they had, they didn't have much. So, we hit Joann's Fabrics and they had a much better selection. We got the letters and then a few wooden bugs and flowers to add to the letters. I saw some letters on Etsy that I really liked but it would have cost $20 per letter ($140 in total) which is just not in my budget. This cost us $25 including a glue gun! Here's a sneek picture of how it'll look, still need to add some ribbon to hang the letters though.



It was a great weekend, very productive and exciting!

8 comments:

Sue said...

OMG- She is so beautiful! Those 3D ultrasound things are so cool! By the way, I do love the letters you made...so much prettier than buying them pre-made! I'm happy to hear things are going great:-)

Jill said...

Aww, Christi -- she is just GORGEOUS!! What a sweet little face! Your letters look great, too!

Emily said...

AMAZING!!! I love the one where is she is smiling and the one where she is sucking her thumb. Too precious! Sounds like a fun weekend! The letters look so cute!

Denise said...

Those pictures are just incredible!!!

Love the letters too!

Wendy said...

That's so wonderful that you were able to do the 3d ultrasound - she's beautiful.

Megan and David said...

So amazing!!!! What great pictures! Are you freaking pumped or what!?!

Anna said...

Beautiful closeups! It's incredible to see such clear images.
Love the letters--can't wait to see them actually in place.
Can't believe the time is going so fast.

All the best.
Anna

Jennifer said...

Oh my goodness, she is beautiful!!