Saturday, May 30, 2009

32 weeks and 4 days! Holy Moly!

On Thursday, we saw the Peri for a checkup and had an ultrasound. I'm really not sure how I got here, almost 33 weeks. It's quite surreal and hard to process. Over the past week, we also attended our childbirth class and took a tour of the hospital.

The class was pretty good but quite general, I feel a bit more knowledgeable but in a general way. It was last Saturday from 9-4. I thought it'd be a very long day but it went quickly. I wish it had been more detailed on the labor part, what to expect and how to manage it but I do feel like I learned some things. We also took a tour of the hospital on Wednesday. We got to see a labor and delivery room along w a post partum room. We also got to see the nursery whicd had no babies in it as we came in but two on the way out. She explained they encourage rooming in w the baby so the babies that were in there were from women who had C sections. There was a little girl and a boy. The boy was two hours old! so amazing to see! I have to admit, all the other mom and dads to be were up close, saying how cute but I had to step back and hold back my tears. I don't know how they all felt but all I could think was that after all this time, I might actually get to take home a baby, I just feel so incredibly LUCKY.

Caitlin was looking good and weighing 5 pounds 4 ounces! She is in the 86 percentile for her size. While this is great news, it is also something to keep an eye on. The Peri told me that by 40 weeks, she will be weighing about 9 1/2 pounds. Of course, this is an estimate, so, it could be 8 1/2 pounds or 10 1/2 pounds. This really concerns me because my sister's first child was 9 pounds 10 ounces and her delivery went horrible and my niece had complications which I won't go into detail about but she was in the NICU for a bit. My sister was induced to prevent this with her second child and things went very smoothly, of course, it was a second child but he weighed more in the 8 pound range. So, anyways, the Peri did said that an induction a week or two early might be something to consider. He is doing a NST in 4 weeks so we'll see where she is at then, if I make any progress on my own and discuss it further. I'm really not looking for opinions or experiences on this, just journaling what was discussed. :)

Here are two profile pictures from the ultrasound!




No comments: