Wowzers, 35 weeks pregnant, 35 days to go. I've always seen girls post this on the bump and it seemed so unattainable, it's surreal to be here!
It's been an eventful week. On Tuesday, I had an appt with a new primary physician, just to get established since I have a HMO. The last one was horrible and gave me a hard time when my ob wanted me to see a pulmonologist after I got pregnant. I'd been having issues with him anyways. So, I figured I'd check in w a new one before the baby is here. Of course, my bp was 140/90. I thought no biggie, I am nervous, meeting a new doctor and all. We chat and she took it again, 140/90. She's a really nice doctor, my parents see her as well and it turns out we went to HS together. But, of course, she had to call my ob, who happens to be the same as hers! The OB was off that day so they put her through to the on call. He checked my chart and saw that I had protein in my urine last visit. Protein & high BP ended in a visit to the OB. I got to the ob, they rechecked my bp and it was normal but still had the protein in the urine. I promised him that the high BP was normal for me at a new doctor but at this point, he said he didn't care. The protein was enough concern for him. So, they did some bloodwork and he sent me home to rest w a recheck in the am.
I saw my primary OB in the morning, bp was normal but again, still the lovely protein in the urine. My doctor said she wasn't worried, thought the bp was just from white coat syndrome! love that term! But, they are making me do the 24 hour urine test Oh joy! I started it this morning, so for the next 24 hours, I get to collect my urine in jug. fun stuff! Hopefully, this protein in my urine is nothing and doesn't cause any issues. Of course, their first concern is pre-eclampsia developing but even without the bp, something isn't right and causing the protein in my urine so they are checking things out.
Yesterday, we went on a tour of the hospital, ugh, long story but last minute switch thanks to our insurance. I'm glad we did that since it is definitely different, good to know their procedures so I'm not caught off guard the day of delivery. Afterwards, we went to a prenantal class at a potential pediatrician which I think we both have agreed on, most used by people we know in the area. It was definitely helpful and we were able to speak with one of the doctors one on one and learn more about the practice.
Today, dh and I are doing tons of things around the house, trying to finalize things for the arrival of Cate!
1 week ago


2 comments:
Wow, 35 weeks. I am so jealous. It just seems fo far away for me right now. I am so glad everything is going well and it won't be too much longer for you:)
35 weeks?!?! Where oh where has the time gone? Sorry I am just making it over here now - I am such the blogger slacker since getting pg. LOVE the going home outfit!
Hoping the protein is nothing. Glad you got to tour the new hospital!
Post a Comment