Saturday, December 4, 2010

Perfect and Amazing!!

I think those two words pretty much sum up yesterday!

We arrived at CCRM around 1030am. We got bloodwork done around 11am. They took NINE vials from me! insane! but, they were running extra bloodwork to check for clotting disorders along with the regular estrogen and progesterone. After that, I headed up to the second floor for my transfer/accupuncture. They came out shortly after we got up there and it was the same woman who had done my accupuncture in July. She even remembered me. I headed back and Tom took Caitlin back to the hotel to nap. The nurse came in and I got my instructions and got my valium!

I had my accupuncture and waited for everyone to come in and out with their instructions, etc. Finally, John, the embryologist came in!! This is the part that always stresses me out! He said the embryo thawed perfectly and it looked like a fresh embryo!!! that's what I LOVE LOVE to hear! Dr. Schoolcraft came in and said hello, went over the thawing and said, well, we thawed one and it's perfect, we have nothing to talk about!! The man of many words. LOL.

Dr. Schoolcraft started getting things ready and Nicole checked my bladder via ultrasound. It really felt too full but she said it was fine. I was hoping to be able to go a bit but no luck! John wheeled in the embryo and there it was on screen! looking AMAZING!! The nurse even commented to John, it's hatched already? He said, yup! absolutely! looking perfect!!

Dr. Schoolcraft had to change speculums for some reason which made for some more discomfort especially when you need to go!!! Nicole said, just hang in there with us for a few more minutes. I could hear her telling him he was near my c section scar. I told her I'm just trying not to pee and Dr. Schoolcraft chuckled and said, I really appreciate that!! haha.

So, the transfer was done, he was really happy. He asked if this time I was going to skip the two days of labor and just head to the c section and I said absolutely! So, John summarized the embryos in storage and Dr. Schoolcraft said, one left! He said, hopefully, you don't need it! I said, absolutely not, I'm done with two kids! :)

Here's where things got difficult. The one hour rest after! First, twenty minutes flat. I was ok but did have to pee. The nurse offered a bed pain but I just can't use those. So, the accupuncturist came in and did her thing then tilted me back. UM, yeah, now I need to go now!! It got really bad. I was almost in tears. Finally, they came in and I got to the bathroom ASAP. I didn't even get dressed, stayed in my gown. I've never had that issue before but it was awful this time.

So, now we wait! My beta is in nine days. I'll be on bedrest until tomorrow morning when we head home!

I really hope, obviously, that this is it for us!!!

7 comments:

Denise said...

Glad everything went well. Rest up!

Gena L said...

I have nothing but positive thoughts for you! Hang in there, I know this is it for you guys!!!

XOXOXO!

Kristen said...

So excited to hear that things went well! Can't wait for your great news in 9 days!

Anonymous said...

Sounds promising! fingers and toes crossed.

Jennifer said...

Oh, Christi, it sounds so promising! I'll be thinking of you and hoping for great news next week!

Emily said...

Perfect and Amazing pretty much sums it up!!!! Thinking good sticky thoughts!

Tiffany said...

So exciting!