Monday, December 13, 2010

my head is spinning...

My beta came back and it turns out I was pg but short lived.

I got to speak with my nurse further about the abnormal APA panel. It turns out I have a few issues a slightly abnormal cardiolipin, MTHFR and high glycoproteins.

What does all this mean?! It basically means I need to start lovenox next time two days prior to transfer and also start on something called Folgard. I think that's how you spell it. I've always had this and it's nothing new. It was likely the cause for my miscarriage in August. Of course, we'll never know for sure.

so, where do we go from here? I'm really not sure. We still need to speak with Dr. Schoolcraft and find out his suggestions to help with our decision. We basically need to decide between preparing for a FET in hopes our one last embryo thaws or do another fresh. I'm really not quite sure what to do and money is the main factor here.

But, it's time for me to take a break from all things IVF related until we can start again. It's time for me to focus on enjoying life, spending time with those that I love and just doing things I enjoy. The holidays are coming up and I am hoping for a few great weeks without being on meds, needing bloodwork or ultrasounds.

There is a lot to consider and decide but not continuing on is not an option at this point for us. I'm not sure that I'll come back to blogging or not. I'll have to see how I feel when things start back up again. I really appreciate all the comments and all the emails. It's helpful more than anyone will know.

5 comments:

Denise said...

I hope you're able to relax and enjoy the holidays over the next couple of weeks. {{hugs}}

Rachel said...

Oh sweetie I am so very sorry. I do lovenox as well as baby aspirin because I have 2 clotting disorders. Hang in there.

Melaniejh1016 said...

hang in there, Christi! you're right, enjoy your holidays, squeeze that baby girl and come back to this in the new year!

Nicole said...

I think its a great idea to just relax and enjoy the holidays! Come back to this next year with a clear head!!I'm always here for you~ XOXO

Sue said...

Christi! I totally lost contact with you when I lost my login info to your protected blog! I was thinking about you the other day! Just sayin Hi! I love the pic of your daughter on the blog, she is beautiful!