http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/23898180?GT1=43001
The first set of American born IVF twins turned 25 last week! how exciting is that!! It's quite amazing how far IVF has come. And, it also goes to show you that it really hasn't been around for very long. To think, I am using a science that I am older than, kinda scary to be honest.
In 1982, they paid $2,500 for IVF and were give a single digit of success. Let me also add that the article says that today, it averages $12,500 which is somewhat accurate but doesn't include many other items such as meds which can be as much as $5,000. It also says that several states now require coverage for ART. This is true but it's really only 5-6 states. Most people do pay out of pocket for IVF. I just felt like the article down played this while it happens to be a big part of the stress of IVF.
Okay, yesterday was a big day and I'm still tired from it all. I will have to blog about it when I'm feeling more rested...
1 week ago


No comments:
Post a Comment