Yesterday was busy! My back and neck have been bothering me for a few days so I decided to see the doc. I know I just needed an antiinflammatory med or something. I called my primary and his response was the use moist heat 2-3 times a day w hot showers and advil. UM, yeah, this was after I told the nurse that it was so bad that I either needed to see him today or I was going to a walk in clinic. So, that's what I did. How sad is it that my primary doctor did that? I'm telling you that I'm in pain and I need to see you. WHATEVER! time for a new primary! So, I went to the clinic at 3:30, and got a VERY nice doctor. He even offered to give me an injection. Well, I'm kinda enjoying life shot free right now so I'll take pills, thank you! :P So, I got my meds and was on my merry way.
Then, at 6PM, we met with our therapist, Karyn. Tom came to this meeting. I am really liking her, she is very interactive, not like my old one. She was asking Tom questions and making suggestions, etc. It was nice and she did suggest we get away which we are this weekend! That was already in the works. My mom will be housesitting and caring for the cats. More on the getaway later. She gave us Homework. We have to write down 5 things we are thankful for each day. I'll try putting this in my blog and maybe my readers can hold me accountable. Usually, I will start these type of things and NOT follow through. So, for yesterday, this is what Tom and I came up with.
1. Jerry 2. Emma 3. our nice house 4. our wonderful marriage/relationship 5. our new bedroom set - it's made our mattress more comfy to sleep in. Now, these are in no particular order ; )
We're still getting comfortable with each other and spend more time telling her stuff that is going on but I can tell that she is going to be helpful. I meet w her again next Tuesday, just me. She said Tom is more than welcome anytime (of course) but it wasn't necessary. We discussed a ton of stuff, family dynamics, mine, his, etc. We also touched briefly on how we make decisions and if we've considered a second opinion. I told her we have briefly discussed heading out of state for another opinion. I feel we already see the best in my area and if we are going to do this one last time with no guarantee, I want the best for my money!! So, hopefully, therapy will continue to go well.
So, we didn't get in until after 7pm, then, Tom's sister called and we both talked to her for quite sometime and it was time for bed. I'm looking forward to a nice quiet evening tonight w rest and moist heat on the back! :)
1 day ago


No comments:
Post a Comment