Saturday, March 22, 2008

Faceless Friends

just an update, IVF #3 is delayed if coming at all, we are having additional testing done. We won't proceed until we get the results. Depending on the outcome, we may be done with it completely and looking into other options. Please pray that our testing comes back normal.

There's not many positive things to say about inferitlity or IVF especially when it fails. But, the one good thing about it is the absolutely AMAZING women that I've met while I've been on this journey. They have been there for me through ups and downs. They want to help anyway that they can. They pray for you, think of you and are even there for you when you are crying, mad, angry, whatever.

It's funny, each time you cycle, you have woman cycling with you, some succeed, some don't. On my second cycle, I was VERY hesitant to get close with anyone cycling because you are afraid that they'll succeed and you won't. Of course, you are happy for them but it's hard for you to watch them progress and you know exactly where you'd be. But, I did and I'm glad that I did because I met a few more great ladies that have been an awesome support. And, damn it, their cycles failed too!!!!!!! Today, one of them found out that their cycle didn't work and it broke my heart cause I knew exactly how it feels and there's nothing you can say or do to make it better.



Well, there's a MSN private group that I belong to. Each time that you log in, there's a poem called faceless friends. It's written by one of the girls NOT ME so I can't take credit for it. But, it's awesome so I want to share it. It sums it all up perfectly! I read it all the time, the girl is quite talented!

Faceless Friends

I’ve never even met you though I know your life by heart
You’re a friend who I may never meet but we’re friends, although apart.
Your stories, strength and power to keep pushing every day
Fill me with hope, love and courage, you inspire in every way.
Sometimes I even see you, in my dreams at night while I sleep
We’re sitting having coffee discussing emotions that run so deep.
We have something in common which brought us to this place
We suffer with infertility, but the dream we all still chase.
A dream that is a child, to have, to love, to hold
Is our binding factor but our friendship will uphold
I think of you on days when I know you’re feeling low
I pray for you on those same nights, more than you’ll ever know.
When I get some news, be it bad or be it good
I know you’re there to listen, with you I’m never misunderstood.
You understand my suffering although our stories are not the same
It’s a sisterhood, infertility, we will not be ashamed.
This nightmare that is infertility, I wouldn’t wish on my foe
But it’s the foundation of our friendship, I am so blessed that you, I know.
You are now a part of my life, someone I can’t forget
For your kind words and understanding, I’m forever in your debt.
You’ll be forever in my life, although your face I may never see
I wish for you all the kindness that you’ve bestowed on me.

3 comments:

Jill said...

Hey C, I want you to know that I am praying for you. I hope the tests all come back normal. Ditto, on the amazing people we meet along this crappy journey. I'm glad we have each other to lean on.

And, feel free to c&p anything from my blog that you want! BTW, I love that poem too. I may put it in my blog!

Emily said...

Way to make me cry all over again!!! In a good way tho! Great entry...still thinking of you each and every day as you guys decide what your next steps are...HUGS, e

Kristen said...

You brought tears to my eyes too. Just as much as you have touched me, I am happy to have touched you too. IF is something that affects us all in a different way, but connects us all in a similar way...and I couldn't ask to be connected to a more wonderful group of women because of this sh*tty time in our life! I'm so glad to call you MY FRIEND...