Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Follow Up with my OB Gyn

I had my follow up appointment with my OB today. She is the BEST!! I've always loved her but everytime I see her, I just love her more and more! She is absolutely the nicest and most caring! She talked to me for quite awhile which I didn't expect.

We went over quite a few things, possibilities of what could have gone wrong. There was not enough tissue to test so we won't ever have answers to what happened. But, she did say that with another pregnancy, I should absolutely come in right away for my own peace of mind. She said if I have any problems ever just to tell the nurse I have a problem and want her to call me. She said that I am more than welcome to come in every week if it makes me feel better. Oh boy! I think she may be sorry!! She also said next time I will only see her at every visit if it makes me feel better which it does!!!!

We discusses my fibroid again and she did an ultrasound. She said it is so small definitely not an issue. CCRM did check and do a hysteroscopy but of course, I want another opinion. Reassurance! We did talk about the cause being a sub hematoma. She asked when the first US was done being I never made it to my first OB appt. She said next time to come see her right away so she can check it out. She put my mind at ease over progesterone issues. She also suggested that I don't try to wean until 10 weeks next time which I was already going to tell CCRM just for my own peace of mind. She just wanted to make me feel better and cover everything so I felt better for next time which I really appreciated! At the end, she gave me a hug which I thought was really nice.

They tested my urine and I am already testing negative. It's so weird to be happy about testing negative?! So, they didn't do bloodwork. She said it's likely close to zero and if it's not already below 5, it should be by my next period. So, hopefully, I can start birth control bills with my next cycle and start moving forward with that process. CCRM requires that it be below 5 in order to cycle again.

I have my follow up appointment with CCRM on September 13. It's with Dr. Schoolcraft. So, I feel like that will be the last step of the physical process.

It's just a matter of getting through the emotional process which I am working on with the therapist I saw while going through all the IVF stuff for years. I saw her today for the second time. I definitely feel better than last week but still just so tired. I'm looking forward to the weekend and spending time with my two favorite people (hubby and daughter!). They both know how to make me feel better!!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Christi, I'm just now reading the news of your miscarriage. I am so very sorry for you loss. ((HUGS))