Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Shot Time!

Things have certainly changed!! It's ironic because I think back to the first time we did this and the very first lupron shot. I was in hysterics! I was absolutely terrified of needles. I remember that my mom came over to help us get started with them. She is a RN so that helped to put me at ease. However, I was still quite terrified and I remember sitting on the couch trying to work up the courage and as I looked away without any warning my mother just jabbed it into my thigh. Lupron shots are the easiest too! They are subq and very small needles. They don't compare to the trigger shot needles nevermind the PIO needles!

So, tonight, I will start lupron shots! finally!! hooray! I am very excited after several months of waiting and letting my body recover to get started again. I take my last birth control pill on Saturday and my period should arrive about 3 days after. Then, I will be starting to prep my lining with the estrogen patches. We are about a month away from the transfer and as scared as I am, I am also very excited to be trying again!!!

3 comments:

Gena L said...

Good luck!!

Kristen said...

Looking forward to following your cycle! GOOD LUCK!!! xoxo

smusillami said...

yay - you are getting started!!!