I went into the doctor again this morning to follow up on what they saw yesterday on U/S. As I expected, there was still some tissue there. I didn't have much bleeding or clotting since 4am the day before so I figured it was still there. They offered me two options. I could take some medication, pills, to help the uterus contract and release what's left. I started to get upset and was like yeah, what's option two?!?! She said I could have a D&C and since I had nothing to eat or drink yet today, I could do it today!! I didn't eat or drink on purpose in hopes. She offered to do it at lunch time or the doctor who was already at the surgery center could do it. Fortunately, it was my primary ob-gyn!! She was who I really wanted to do it. She's so compassionate and I knew I'd be in good hands.
So, we rushed right over there and they got me back really quickly. It was quick and done with. She told my husband that it went well and there wasn't much left. They are going to send it off but it's likely that we won't get answers. In recovery, I felt like something huge had been lifted from my back. I was so anxious the prior day waiting for the bleeding to start again, for the clotting to start again.
It was absolutely one of the most horrible experiences. At 4am on Thursday, I knew I had miscarried. I felt empty. I knew it couldn't be ok anymore. There was too much blood and way too many clots that were too big.
It was scary and I wasn't worried anymore about whether I had miscarried. I knew I had but now I was worried for myself. I've never seen so much blood, so many clots. I felt so weak in bed. I considered going to the ER but I knew my doctor was opening in a few hours and the thought of waiting in an ER with the possibilty of more gushing and clotting was terrifying.
1 week ago


3 comments:
Oh sweetie I am so very sorry you are going through all of this. No one should ever have to go through tis. If you need anything I am here! Hang in there & big giant hugs your way.
Oh, Christi. I've been away from awhile and just stopped by to catch up. I'm so very sorry for your loss.
Oh Christi, I am so sorry. I haven't been checking blogs for awhile. I am just heartbroken for you -- I was not expecting this news (nor were you, I'm sure). Sending lots of (((HUGS))).
Post a Comment