I was extremely nervous about the day at CCRM.
It wasn't so much the workup but bringing Caitlin there. I've been seeing REs on and off since 2006 and for the most part, it never really bothered me to see babies there. I do remember after my second fresh cycle of IVF, going to my RE for the WTF appointment, we were just devastated when it didn't work. It sucked going there but there was a girl who was being released that day. She had her final ultrasound and was pregnant. You could see how happy they were to be pregnant and moving on. And, we had just been told to pursue other options and have more testing. It was so upsetting and I didn't understand why it wasn't working for us. My point is, I didn't want to upset anyone with her presence. But, we had to bring her to Colorado, no one at home to watch her and I didn't feel comfortable leaving her with a sitter in Colorado that I've never met. I realize that she is a product of CCRM and all their great work but others don't know that by looking at her. So, we did our best to hang out in the back with her so most people wouldn't see her.
My first appointment was with my nurse. It was very nice to meet her in person since she was assigned to me after my visits last time. My first nurse had left. So, we met with her, went over everything, same old stuff for the most part so it went pretty quickly. Then, we met with the lab to sign consents, so easy as we already did this so we just did the same as before. Then, we met with the business office. Caitlin did pretty well through this, got a little fussy but it was manageable. We were so far ahead of schedule that we ended up waiting a bit since our next appt was with the doctor at 1130am and it was not even 11am.
DH stayed with Cate in the back while I had the hysteroscopy and ultrasound done. I was somewhat nervous about the hysteroscopy. I've had it done before but let's face it, these things are NOT fun. The ultrasound was first, easy! My fibroid is still there and she checked my ovaries. I still have about 15-18 antral follies so that was a relief to hear in case we need to do a fresh cycle again. Let's hope they hang around! I waited about 15 min for the hysteroscopy. I was anxious! I wanted to get it over with! It wasn't too bad. This was the first time that I met Dr. Surrey and he was really nice. He came in and welcomed me back, asked about Caitlin which I thought was nice.
Afterwards, we met to regroup. Right away, he started discussing how many to transfer. He seemed very ready to defend not transferring all 3 (all we have left). He felt that we would likely end up with twins or triplets. I was kinda laughing since we only want to do ONE this time. I guess he didn't expect that. He was fine with that and said we could always thaw another last minute if we change our mind or if it doesn't thaw well. We went on to talk about everything else, fairly easy, we've been here before. So, we finished up with some bloodwork and were on our way!
To sum it up, nothing has really changed, we still have the same issues, no new ones but with 3 embryos frozen, it isn't as challenging as last time. The fibroid is still there but in a good location so Surrey doesn't suggest surgery to remove it.
We got the go ahead to proceed, assuming the bloodwork comes back normal. I need to get my wisdom teeth out this month so we will start suppressing with the next cycle! looking at a transfer in July, sometime after Caitlin's first birthday.
1 day ago


1 comment:
WOW!! so exciting!! glad everything looks good :-)
Post a Comment