Well, quite the trip, this will probably require a few blog posts!
On Thursday, we got up around 430am. ouch. that'd be eastern time. we got to the airport around 6am, made it through security, got to the gate with plenty of time to get things in order. We boarded the flight and Cate fell asleep! I thought, wow, that easy?! She woke up about an hour into the flight. The next two hours went ok. She had a couple of screams, cries but nothing uncontrollable. Two hours into the flight, I see it, you know, that face babies make when they poop. I really didn't want to change her on the plane but I had no choice. Around 3 hours in, she fell asleep again while drinking a bottle. I had tried walking up and down the aisle and in the back of the plane with her but too much to see! She didn't nap too long this time, probably 30 minutes or so. Once she woke up, she did petty well though, eating tons of puffs and drinking her bottle.
We arrived in Denver, got our car and we were on our way! We thought great, not too bad. Before heading to the hotel, we went to visit some friends for a bit. Cate loved playing there and crawled just a bit for the first time!! so exciting! We're just exhausted from being up, so, we head to the hotel, check in and start to unpack. I open Caitlin's suitcase and it's been turned upside. It was clearly chosen to search. I wasn't too thrilled knowing some stranger has touched all her stuff including bottles! But, what can you do?!
Then, I realize, wait, something is missing. We put the small bag containing all the personal hygiene stuff in this suitcase. It's gone, nowhere. It contained all my personal hygiene stuff, makeup, contacts, glasses, etc. Wonderful. So, DH starts calling and I was pissed. very pissed. They ask us if it could have just popped open?! um, yeah, no. They totally try to blame it on us and not take responsibility for it. Hello?! I left my bags in YOUR possession.
After all the calling, we head to target to replace some of this stuff, we spent $75! Then, we head to the mall to get makeup. Of course, I use prescriptives which they no longer make so the last of it is gone! Before we head in, the woman from Frontier asks us for a list of everything in the bag. At this point, I'm just exhausted, been up for 16 hours and I'm starving. I'm lucky to be functioning. So, we get through the list and then she asks for pricing. Ok, I could understand the makeup, glasses but she asks us for prices on deodorant, brush, toothpaste and then asks how much was left?! WTF!
As we head into the mall, I remember that as we were waiting on our luggage that I saw small bags just like ours that is gone. I remember thinking why in the world do people check that small bag especially now that it costs $25 or more to check a bag! So, I told my dh, ask that lady to look, see if it made to Denver outside our suitcase, afterall, it was just a smaller bag in a suitcase so we didn't have to pay the fees. She says she will check. We go and get my makeup and she calls back. She says she found it! I'm kinda relieved but thinking we'll see if it's actually our bag.
We head to dinner at PF Chang's, yum! and go back to the hotel to clean up, shower, etc. When we get back, the bag still hasn't arrived. Sure enough, they call and were at the wrong hotel. Finally, they arrive and it is actually our bag! thank god!! So, off to bed we go! big day on Friday at CCRM.
I'll continue in another post about the workup!
1 week ago


No comments:
Post a Comment