Friday, February 6, 2009

16 weeks 3 days!




Here's pictures from our ultrasound on Wednesday. Unfortunately, we had an extremely cranky and rude tech so it made for a bad experience. She complained the entire hour on how the baby was in a bad position, making it hard to do her job, etc. I felt like telling her to shut up so I can watch my kid in peace. At the end, she did try to peek for gender as we had told her we were excited to find out but I think she found that annoying due to her attitude. Well, we didn't see any boy parts but she really wasn't sure it was a girl. She did get a good view so I'm not sure what the issue was, the legs were spread. So, she said she'd go with girl but that she'd been wrong before. I didn't realize asking the gender was such a sensitive topic.

So, for now, we still aren't sure if it's a boy or a girl. We do go back on March 4 for another ultrasound so hopefully, we will get more definite answers then and a different tech!!

11 comments:

Michele said...

Geez! How annoying she sounds!!! Im glad all is ok and I bet you wil find out the gender for sure next time!! How exciting!!!!

Lisa said...

These pictures made me smile for you!

Emily said...

Beautiful pics - thanks for sharing. Can't wait till you find out officially!

Jill said...

Cranky u/s techs are the worst. Your little one (be it a he or a she) is so darn cute!

Denise said...

Sorry the tech wasn't more pleasant. But the pictures are great!

Jill said...

I can't wait to find out the sex! And, sorry you had to deal with a crappy attitude from an u/s tech.

Unknown said...

Yes, it's such a terrible job looking at ultrasounds of babies all day! I can definately see why she was cranky :::rolling eyes:::
Sorry she was so rude. You should be allowed to have a make up ultrasound!

Congratulations on (sort of) knowing it's a girl. Great pictures...so cute!

Amy (TheGiggleWorm) said...

OMG - It looks like a BABY!!!

And Booo for a nasty tech

Josée Martens said...

Her attitude is so lame. I hope you get a better tech next time. The pic is great though. I guess your baby will keep you in suspense just a bit longer. :-)

Anonymous said...

Your baby is beautiful!
I love that you wanted to tell her to shut up so you could watch your kid :o)

Okay, so I'm back to waiting for the big reveal.

Best wishes,
Anna

Hoping to make it three!! said...

Ughhh I had the same issue when I went in for my 16 week ultrasound. She was just rude and acted all put out that we wanted to know the gender. We ended up getting the same tech 4 weeks later and I was ready to say something if she was rude but low and behold she was super nice. Hopefully if you get her again she will be nice or you will get someone else. Congrats on your little cutie!