Friday, February 27, 2009

19 weeks, 5 days and we have a gender confirmation!

It's a GIRL! Presenting Caitlin Eve!






ok, I was totally wrong on this one. I really thought it was a boy. But, regardless, we are beyond thrilled to finally know. Her name will be Caitlin Eve after our maternal grandmothers, Catherine and Evelyn. Caitlin means pure in Gaelic and Evelyn means life in Hebrew so together we've got pure life. Pretty appropriate for an IVF baby, don't you think?? We thought between her namesakes and the meaning of her name, it couldn't be a better fit.

We had a wonderful tech, the same one we had at 12weeks. Right off the bat, she asked if we knew the sex and if we wanted to know. She took a look half way through and the legs were so close together so she said, no boy stuff but let's go back to make sure in a bit. So, at the end, she left, checked her pictures to make sure she got them all and came back to get some pictures just for us. I was shocked when she went to do the US again. She got a shot of the legs even further apart and said definitely a girl, the doctor agreed. As you can see, some great shots!

During the US, Caitlin's hands were up infront of her head when the tech was trying to get the nose and lips but we could see her opening and closing her mouth. We also saw her flexing her wrist so you could see her hand moving up and down. It was a great experience, much improved from last time but a different tech too! We're just happy everything is looking good and couldn't be happier.

12 comments:

Ms. J said...

Mazel Tov!!!

How wonderful, and what a lovely way to honor those women with such a special name!

Emily said...

Oh Christi! She is gorgeous!!!! She looks so big already! I love, love, love her name! Congrats!

DAVs said...

Wow, a girl!! You're really living the dream my friend!

Jill said...

She is just beautiful! And so lucky to have you for a Momma!! I'm really happy for you, C!

Tiffany said...

Awww a sweet little girl, love the name!

Unknown said...

Yay for girls! I love the name. My grandmother's name was Evelyn and I just think it's so pretty. I'm glad you had a nice tech this time. How exciting. Now you can shop, shop, shop! :)

Kristen said...

What an incredible day! I am still so excited for you! Can't wait for Caitlin to make her grand appearance in a few more months!!! Congrats!

Jill said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Holy cow, I'm so excited for you! Caitlin Eve is such a beautiful name. :) Have fun shopping for girl stuff -- it is so addictive!

Kelly said...

Soooo exciting! YAY!

Anonymous said...

congratulations!!!!! Yay for girls :-) I'm so happy for you guys.

Lisa said...

Oh, Christi, yea for your little girl!!! This must feel so real to you now!!!

Amy (TheGiggleWorm) said...

Love the name! Evelyn is actually on our list